Welcome to Consumers Association, a non-profit national level organization ( NGO) dedicated to protect the Consumers interest in all walks of life . As a consumer, it is really important to understand your rights. If you understand your rights, then you will feel more confident to stand up for yourself when things go wrong. Unless you are very familiar with the law, you may be easily confused by terms like 'statutory right' or 'express warranty' or 'guarantee'. In our experience, it is not only consumers who may be confused by words like these, but also retailers, service providers and manufactures too..
Ours is a registered Organization ( NGO) with its registered Office at Palakkad and is unique and different with its unselfish service. It is recognized locally, ( 5 state Awards , Govt. of Kerala ) Nationally, ( 2 National awards ,Govt. of India. ) and internationally ( the UN Special Consultative Status & UNCTAD regd. NGO ) for its exceptional performance towards the civil society. We supports programs for sustainable & economic development , food security, consumer protection , emergency aid, rehabilitation, health care and preservation of the environment.
Objective of Consumers Association
The aims to achieve time bound delivery of justice to the consumers at improving operational efficiency, co-ordination, accessibility, transparency, Systematizing of working speed in judicial administration and to give Information to consumer in time.
Considering our relentless service towards the society , we have been nominated in the Statutory as well as the recommendatory committees constituted by the Government of India & Government of Kerala..
Among the important few are:
- Member : Central Consumer Protection Council,(CCPC) Dept. of Consumer Affairs, Krishi Bhavan, Govt of India, New Delhi.
- Member : Consumer Advocacy Group, Telecom Regulatory Authority of India,(TRAI) New Delhi.
- We are an NGO registered under the Bureau Of Indian Standards,(BIS) Govt. of India ,New Delhi.
- Member : State Food Advisory Council, Govt of Kerala, Dept of Consumer Affairs, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Member : State Consumer Welfare Fund Committee, Govt of Kerala,
- Member : State Consumer Protection Council, Govt of Kerala, -2002. ( At present no Council in Kerala )
- Other registrations: Registered under FCRA, Ministry of Home Affairs,Govt. of India, New Delhi ,PAN and Section 12AA under Income Tax, Act Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- Awards : 5 state Awards, and 2 National Awards.
- Conducting Seminars and discussions on important consumer issues throughout the State.
- Conducting Consumer Empowerment Seminars:
- Against unfair service of Doctors , Hospitals & Medical treatments : Doctors Carelessly treating the patients. They are well organized & busy with making money. Encouraging the patients to do unwanted and unscientific pathology as well as radiological tests.. Consumer Empowerment discussions on Prohibited , Expiry and unwanted steroid medicine sales which not only exploiting but also looting the public lives ..
- Against unfair service of Telecom services: Net work conjunction, hidden charges Roaming charges for SMS , Plan activation charges ,call dropping , coverage failure etc.
- sting and cable service.Excess advertisements in pAgainst unfair service of Broadcaay channels . Pay channels should not put commercial advertisements ..
- Against unfair service of Educational institutional service.
- Conducting courses without the proper government recognition's
- Against unfair service of Indian Railways : Majority of the trains are delayed running. Day time sleeper class passengers are not given seat. Thaktal ticket also not assured.
- Against inefficient service of Legal Metrology. ; Auto meters Calibration is one of the most important function of the department. But they are not able to meet the demand .. Hence Consumers are suffering always throughout the state.
- Against unfair trade of Domestic Appliances . MRP Exploitations, useless warrantee , Sales after service are very poor. Guarantee is required not warrantee.
- Against unfair trade & sales of Food & Beverages : Pesticide contamination above the permitted level in all soft drinks .. Coco-cola ,Pepsi and other Multi national soft drinks are to be prohibited . Govt. should fix the permitted level of Pesticide contamination.
- Against unfair service of Water supply : Polluted water , Meter frequent repair. Without regular reading charging excess bill ..
- Against unfair service of Electricity : Interrupted power supply , Voltage variations, Meter rent, Billing mistakes . Without regular reading charging excess bill ..
- Against unfair service of Insurance on delay in claims settlement And silly reasons like spelling mistakes, signature variations ,nominee not mentioned etc.. & Against unfair service of Credit cards exploitations...